Wrong ticket to ride


May 28, 2009





I worked as a unit manager for a call center in Alabang and, after a year of tiring graveyard routine, I took a leave to go to my province. I paid for a round-trip ticket to Mindanao in advance to avoid the hassles of flight reservation issues; and under any circumstance that my boss would declare an emergency, I could easily get back in course to attend to it. So I only had about four days to attend to my old friends, relatives and family. After the New Year’s eve, my boss sent me a text message, asking me to complete my monthly “deliverables” over the next two days in the office.

To my dismay, I packed up my bags and everyone volunteered to drive me to the airport the next morning. Everyone was in tears as I approached the guy at the boarding counter and surrendered my plane ticket. With a surprised look, the man showed it to his peers as if trying to validate it for security, encircled something on it and silently slid the ticket back under my sleeves. He then declared: “Sir, bukas pa po yung flight niyo!”

Zid, by email
ILLUSTRATION BY MIKE GALLARDO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark

RECOMMENDED