Passenger gets caught in a squeeze


January 27, 2009


As part of the workforce, I often take the FX PUV every day at 5AM, from my home in Pasig City to my office in Makati City. One morning, I had a hard time getting a ride. It was only after a few minutes that I was able to do so. So there I was, in a cramped FX. I found myself taking the middle seat, where two heavyweights were already seated. As soon as I got in, we almost had the entire seat-for-four occupied. How I wished the driver wouldn’t let another passenger in. But then halfway to my destination, there came this petite young lass, who was supposed to take the last vacant seat. We sure had a hard time fixing ourselves, and she sure had a hard time closing the door. Then off the FX went. A few seconds later, the young lass whispered in my ear, “Kuya, yung dede ko.” I sure did not know what to say, or what to do. I just blushed like hell.

Jaye-R, by email
ILLUSTRATION BY MIKKE GALLARDO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark

RECOMMENDED