Who's afraid of Americans?


October 30, 2006

I’m a white American male and I live in the Philippines with my Filipina wife. We just had our first baby and, of course, my wife needed help around the house, so we had my mother in-law stay with us. What was originally a short stay went for two weeks and that’s when I snapped. You see, my wife’s attitude changes when her mom is staying with us, which drives me crazy. I tried to ask my wife to get a yaya instead, but she didn’t agree, and so I was left with no choice but to bring out all the stops. One morning, while my wife and her mom were in the kitchen, I walked downstairs to do my morning rituals—only different thing was, I had no clothes on. Yes, I was butt-naked in front of my mother-in-law. The only thing she said was the Fiipino word: “Heesuuus!” And then she walked upstairs, packed her things and left. My was wife mad at first, but later on she thought it was so funny and she knew I loved her so much, so much that I would do anything to keep her all to myself.

King of the hill, by email


ILLUSTRATION BY: MIKKE GALLARDO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark

RECOMMENDED