Train in vain!


March 27, 2008

This happened last summer on my way home to Laguna from school. To avoid traffic and get home early, I took the LRT. At the station, I saw this cute girl looking at me, so I also stared at her and told myself that I would ride in the same train as her to get her name and number. I saw her already waiting for the next train, and the moment I got my ticket the train started beeping, warning that doors would close soon. I was about three meters away from the nearest door when it started closing, so I threw my shoulder bag in between, thinking if it sensed an obstruction it would open again, and thus I could get in. Luckily, it did get stuck. Unluckily, the door didn’t open!

And I couldn’t take the bag off because the strap was hooked around my body. I couldn’t take it out! I almost fainted when the train started to move—I got dragged for more than two meters! The people inside the train started to look worried. Thank God the lady security guard whistled to make the train operator stop. Because of my embarrassment I waited for the next train. But that didn’t stop me from finding that cute girl again. After all it would be easier to introduce myself…as the guy who got stuck in the LRT door!

Lj, by email
ILLUSTRATION BY: MIKKE GALLARDO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark

RECOMMENDED