Punks Get Junked!


September 28, 2006
A friend and I are big fans of punk rock music and one of our favorite bands is The Ramones. One night, while we were cruising around the Malate area we decided to put to practice a Ramones’ song called “Blitzkrieg Bop” (we take this song to be about some filthy kids taking turns screwing a bitch in the backseat of a car). After a couple of beers we decided to pick up a hooker and drive her to a dark spot at the PICC Complex. Being the hospitable friend that I am, I let him go first while I wait for my turn outside the car. As I quietly sat on the pavement I saw three scooters approaching us. I initially thought they were just passing by, but I was dead wrong. They were coppers on scoots ready to round us. We (including the hooker) ended up at the police station.

Too bad for my friend and the hooker, they had to endure going behind bars while I was allowed to loiter while we were being booked (see, I’ve got connections). I remember my friend reasoning to a cop that they were doing nothing wrong, to which the cop replied, “Tarantado ka! Anong wala?! Kinakatok na kita ng flashlight, ayaw mo pang tumigil sa kababayo!” I knew we were in deep shit, but good thing my padrino showed up two hours later. He got us out clean. Since then, whenever I hear “Blitzkrieg Bop” playing, there’s always a silly grin on my face.
Ramones Boy, by email

Illustrations by: Mikke Gallardo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark

RECOMMENDED