Footprints give it away


January 25, 2008
Going home from school, my girlfriend said she wanted to stop by our house. Hearing that, a spirit in me awakened. While having a chat in the sala she said she had to pee, so I accompanied her to the restroom and jokingly said, “May I come, too?” She just smiled and gave me a tantalizing look. Since my father was not home and my mother was in the office I went inside the restroom, too. We were enjoying our second round when I suddenly heard my father’s motorcycle. Just as I was about to get out of the restroom, I heard my father’s voice just outside the restroom door. I had no choice but to jump off from the restroom window.

Good thing the grill was designed for fire exit and it was not locked! Pretending to be coming from the backyard I started calling my girlfriend’s name, who in turn had just flushed the toilet bowl. I asked her if she was done with her thing, loud enough to be heard by my dad, then accompanied her outside. When my girlfriend was gone my father called me to the restroom and pointed the wet footprints on the window jam. That was the time I heard my dad’s weirdest advice. He said, “Son, it’s not only in the sand that your foot can get printed.”

Mars, by email
ILLUSTRATION BY: MIKKE GALLARDO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark

RECOMMENDED