Potter-nerd loses sense of reality


August 26, 2007
I’m a Hogwarts student living in a muggle world. I’m from the mighty Gryfindor House and my best pals are the Weasley twins. See my Harry Potter addiction! My way of going to Hogwarts is through books and the movie. Anyway, let’s go back to reality. You can imagine the excitement I felt when I was among the horde that saw Order of the Phoenix on opening night. I got such a high that I was still in Potter mode when I got home and, apparently, when I woke up in the middle of the night with a bladder call. There I was, walking in a daze to the toilet when I espied two dark figures sneaking through the backdoor (turned out to be petty thieves).

When I saw them my immediate reaction was to grab whatever long thing I could find and shout at the top of my voice, “Expelarmus!” I don’t know who among us was shocked more but I was able to scare them off. It was my bad luck that the rest of the household had heard me scream. My mom and dad asked me what I was screaming. My brother answered for me. “Harry Potter spell niya yon. Akala niya si Lord Voldemort nasa bahay.” Now, everyone in the family throws Potter spells at me. Nakakahiya! I wish I had Harry’s invisibility cloak!!

Carlo Santiago, by email
ILLUSTRATION BY MIKKE GALLARDO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Share/Bookmark

RECOMMENDED